My hair color is not too much different than yesterday ... maybe a little darker.
So today we drove into Houston for the FORCE (Facing Our Risk for Cancer Empowered) Conference.
Gabe stayed home with Grandma and Buddy, and got to play with Joe.
Max slept on the way.
Daddy had lots of tricks up his sleeve (and in his pocket) to entertain Max when he woke.
With Sue Friedman, the lady who started FORCE. She gave information about what FORCE is doing as far as joining the ACLU in their lawsuit against Myriad (for owning our gene and "behaving badly"). They are trying to raise awareness, and advocate for more research ... They're also trying to further the PARP inhibitor studies and make these drugs available to more women ...
I asked about volunteering. I don't want to answer the help line, but I think I'd feel good if I could help in writing letters to government agencies and companies as needed to further the cause and right some wrongs ... Not sure if anything will develop from that, but if I could make a difference, that would be an extremely worthwhile use of time for my own sake and that of my family.
Here's Gabe's toy review of Clockwork from the other day.
Oh, by the way, it looks like Brian is going to be famous! Here you can see him (on the right) in a music video, that he'll finish filming next Friday. One of the actors here is in the new Spy Kids movie. Another one is currently on the show "The Walking Dead" apparently. More about this music video later!!







No comments:
Post a Comment