Well, everyone around seems to have gotten a cold -- except for Max and me!
Gabe's over it already ...
Daddy stayed home with it today.
Walking to the mailbox, looking for toys and Christmas packages.
Max isn't much for walking to the mailbox, but played i-pad all the way there and back. (He was a bit sleepy and mostly just stared at this "Mission Failed" screen.)
Cool pictures drawn by Gabe! Here is Majin Buu (from Dragon Ball) ...
... and Eatle (from Ben 10).
Well, teaching and thinking a lot about the BRCA1 gene left me feeling ... injured. There's a part of me that processes it logically ... But then my logical side is genuinely surprised at how quickly and intensely emotional I can get about it. So, I decided maybe I need to see a counselor about this grief, and called to see about getting my three free appointments annually from Dan's work. I've never done that sort of thing before ... We'll see if it works out, or if it turns out to be any help.
On December 11th, Dan and I are going to attend a FORCE Conference (about BRCA mutations) in Houston and meet Sue Friedman, the lady who started this nation-wide support network (and who has answered all my e-mails personally and immediately -- just an incredibly caring and knowledgeable person).
Anyway, that's it for tonight.







No comments:
Post a Comment