I haven't been blogging as much, because I am nervous ...
I am a little nervous about the job thing, but mostly about the CA 125 thing ... and waiting another month to find out if I'm fine, or the opposite of it ... Thinking I will schedule my surgeries earlier than I had previously planned. This is no way to live.
Gabe, headed to soccer practice tonight ...
Mom watched Gabe and Max today while I went in for an interview with an agency that pays per visit, for home health ...
I took a long test, but then they didn't grade it. Don't know how I did, because some questions were specifically about home health stuff (with which I have no prior experience)! During the interview, I emphasized to the guy that although I have 7 years experience in med/surg, I would need to be trained to do the home health thing ...
They never graded my test, but they did send me to give a urine specimen for drug testing ...
Still not sure. POSITIVES: Pay is very good, mileage reimbursement for travel, different learning experience, choose my own hours and area to work in. NEGATIVES: Not sure how good the training will be, have to drive around to unfamiliar places, no support staff nearby to answer questions or help handle difficult situations or tasks.
When I got home, I saw an e-mail in the box from St. Luke's at The Vintage, stating that someone will call me to schedule an interview. POSITIVES: Smaller learning curve, working with lots of support staff, more certain of hours, fancy new hospital. NEGATIVES: 12 hour shifts, no job offer yet ... Other than that I don't know. Not sure what will happen with all this ...








No comments:
Post a Comment