Today, out of the blue, I got a call from Lighthouse Hospice in Tomball, then went in for an interview! It seems like a very nice place to work. Unfortunately, they are looking for a full-timer. All in all it was a good experience, though. The manager was sweet, and expressed genuine disappointment that she couldn't hire me. She said, "I just knew when I saw you that you were the one!" She told me that I have just the right demeanor and attitude for this line of work. The other employees in the office told me that they liked working here. The manager said she'd check into PRN positions if any come up, and she really hopes I'll come back there when I'm ready to work full time. So nice!
Here's Maya, smiling for the camera. Then she told me about how she tried to make a weird face one time, but it didn't work because it just turned out to be a really cute smile anyway!
Soccer practice tonight!
Max eating french toast. When he was done, he said, "I ate too much." (Because that's what he hears us say!)
This bush-variety pumpkin somehow planted itself in the compost.
My hip hurts so much that I can't exercise anymore. If I find out I'm okay in a couple of weeks, I think I'll have all my surgeries in January. After I've done all I can do to lower my risk, I think I'll be able to get out from under this black cloud. If something goes wrong, I will deal with it. I'm much better at dealing with bad situations, than dealing with the anxiety over what might happen ... and the guilt and regret, should something happen, when I had it in my power to avoid it.






No comments:
Post a Comment