Thursday, May 10, 2012

Two job interviews!


I had two job interview's today, one at St. Luke's and the other at North Cypress.



St. Lukes.  POSITIVES:  Beautiful new hospital, opened less than 1 1/2 years ago -- potential to get in on "ground floor" and move to other positions.  They made me jump through a lot of hoops, and seem to screen methodically -- so maybe it's a better job if it's harder to get?  NEGATIVES:  Nurses have to draw their own blood, since there are no phlebotomists (but nurse aides can draw blood too).  I've never had to do my own phlebotomy.  Also, I'm not sure what the pay would be.  (Should have asked.)



I came home between interviews.  When Max saw me walk in he said, "Aw, NOT AGAIN!"



Gabe was not happy to see me either, since I had just enough time to get him started doing math.  He said, "If you were going right back, why didn't you just stay gone?"



North Cypress Medical Center.  (This pic I took.  The one of St. Luke's I borrowed.)  POSITIVES:  Less formal interview process, by a lady who was cracking jokes.  Larger, more established hospital, so maybe more departments and staff to help out?  NEGATIVES:  The lady was trying to sell me on pedi.  I wouldn't mind floating to peds, but I don't want to be based there.  I have never started an IV on a kid, and restraining them to do it does not appeal to me.



At least Max and Gabe didn't miss me while I was gone.  (Thanks, Mom!)



Not sure if I will get offers from these places.  I'm trying to decide which to choose if I do.  Dan thinks I should pick whomever is willing to pay me the most.






No comments:

Post a Comment