Friday, February 24, 2012

Breasts are okay.


Here's Max last week, jumping around the park next to the Houston Museum of Natural Science, while we waited for my ovarian appointment.



I think I'm just going to be worried for a couple of months about the CA 125, and also this mystery pain that I hope is not related ...  (I'll just stop talking about it.)



Gabe and Joe made their first cakes this week ...



It was for the Blue and Gold banquet at Scouts!



When I think "banquet," I usually don't think pizza and cake.  But that was the fare at this "banquet."



Book Club got postponed again this week!



Here's the refrigerator view of Gabe's finished cake. (Joe's looked almost the same.)



Oddly enough, although I was more worried about the breast appointment than the ovarian this time, the breast results were negative.  I have swollen lymph nodes and pain in my right axilla, but they said it "looks normal!"  I'll take it!  I was really scared they might order an additional MRI (and an additional $700 out of pocket!), but I guess it will be just the normal yearly MRI, in August ...



Max also went to the dentist this week.  Dr. Jerry said his cavities look about the same ...  We are going to wait till after his 3rd birthday, and we have an appointment to get the fillings on May 24th.



Max at the Blue and Gold banquet.  "I want cake!"  "I need cake."  "Cake.  Cake.  Cake!"  (The cakes were being judged, but he finally got a piece!)



I am working on planning a vacation for us in April.  At first I had grandiose plans to drive all the way through Arkansas to Missouri!  Then I got convinced to scale it down ... so I guess instead we are going to Tyler (UT campus, Caldwell Zoo) and Dallas/Grapevine/Arlington (Sixth Floor Museum, Great Wolf Lodge, Magic Time Machine restaurant, and Six Flags).  When I get back I may be looking for work.  We will run out of money in approximately August or September.


No comments:

Post a Comment