Waking Max up this morning to go to the dentist.
We love Dr. Jerry Godkin, our favorite pediatric dentist. Kid-friendly office, and just a nice old guy who really appears to like kids and has a very soothing manner. He told us about our options with the cavities ...
We chose to do a fluoride treatment and then another checkup in 3 months to see if it's getting bad. We will fill these cavities at some point, but would like to buy some time till he's a little bigger ...
I expected Max to become angry and fight the dentist, like Gabe did. Instead he just got whiny and weepy, then a little clingy after the exam was done. Every now and then I'm reminded that my two kids have two different temperaments. Max is able to surrender a little and has a sense of trust ...
Unlike the other dentist, when we walked in, we saw Dr. Godkin himself, first thing. We didn't have to protest the necessity of x-rays to some ignorant tech before being able to speak to the real dentist. In fact, Dr. Godkin did not even suggest x-rays. Interestingly, he doesn't fill cavities in kids under 24 months or 24 pounds, but takes a more conservative approach. I like that!
Back home Max was bright and happy again! I kept telling his balloon to stay on the floor, then walking away and pretending to be mad when it went back up to the ceiling!
This is at least the tenth time I did this! When I refused to do it anymore, Max started doing it himself. "You stay here, balloon. No go up!"
Gabe had a Thanksgiving FEAST at his school today!
The only "veggies" the kids finished from our veggie tray were the pickles and olives!
My PTC taste paper and stethoscopes for the entire science class arrived today!
From the time Max wakes from his nap every day, he eagerly anticipates Daddy's return from work!










No comments:
Post a Comment